Charity Challenge - Machu Pitchu
- Explore the Inca capital of Cusco
- Hike in the Peruvian Andes
- Alternative, uncrowded route in the Lares Valley
- Reach the lost city of Machu Picchu via the Sun Gate
- Optional Lake Titicaca or Jungle extensions
Our first taste of the Inca world will be in and around Cusco, the ancient Inca capital. After acclimatising to the high altitude, we will head towards the remote and rarely visited Lares Valley. This great alternative to the busy Inca Trail is well off the beaten track and offers trekkers a unique view of the diverse surroundings and traditional Peruvian cultures. The region is also home to the Baños Del Inca, probably the best hot springs in southern Peru. Wander through the clouds to discover the lost city of Machu Picchu. Situated above the Sacred Valley at 2,430m, this ancient Inca city was abandoned during the Spanish Conquest. The ruins have since been declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site and new wonder of the world.
Fri 01 Sep - Sun 10 Sep 2017
How Do I sign Up?
1. Enter the race through this link https://www.charitychallenge.com/expedition/2350/Trek-to-Machu-Picchu
2. Drop us an email letting us know you plan to race so you can be added to our team list
3. Create a Just Giving Page (to circulate among friends and family) and link it to our charity campaign: https://www.justgiving.com/blueskyethinking
4. Print off a sponsorship form to get your friends, family and workmates to sponsor you!
5. Get fit and have fun training!